Friday, October 28, 2011

what lifts you? 5

Today Sally hosts an easy and quick what lifts you 5.

"Serving Suggestions" from Sally "...I'd like you to share 5 things:

1. A Scripture: it might be a verse or a whole book! Lots and lots come to mind right away, but for right now I'll choose Revelation 22:1-5 and Colossians 1, 1:17b, "In Christ all things hold together."

2. A piece of music: Something like "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"... just as for scripture, I could list a couple dozen, but energetic, not-too-serious and danceable is the general style.

3. A place: the beach and the desert and the inner city that carry within them the history of this planet, the history of many people and the power to remind me I belong.

4. A person/ group of people: the assembly gathered around Word and Sacrament... that's been sustaining me during these too many bleak years. A fun party with great food, thirst-quenching drink and intelligent conversation is a close second.

5. something you do: "Designing!" On my facebook page and other places I've quoted from an ad for papers and boards I found in an old design or trade mag, "In the beginning...a small bell chimed. Creativity! It chimes like a small clear bell at the heart of the human spirit..." and it still does!

Have a wonderful Reformation Sunday or Pentecost 20!

3 comments:

  1. just love your creativity, glad it lifts you

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the beach and the desert and the inner city that carry within them the history of this planet, the history of many people and the power to remind me I belong."

    Love this! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You truly bless others with your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!