Friday, October 12, 2012

random 5 again

Today's 5 is another random one, again hosted by revkjarla; I've illustrated it with a set of my random drawings, rotated in non-random ways.
balancing 1 balancing 2

balancing 4 balancing 3
1. moments of blessing this past week include serving as one of the organists for a memorial service that happened in the wake of a truly tragic death; helping prepare Thursday evening community dinner at church across the street; having my entries to St Mark UMC's fall digital art show almost ready (I used to enter both fall and spring shows every year, but haven't been able to lately due to my own brokenness); listening to rain thunder on the roof and streets yesterday morning; receiving quite a few in the new recommendations feature on LinkedIn; more, more, and more!

2. the first things that come to mind when I read or think "when I was a child..." include fresh flounder, fresh garden tomatoes and cukes, fresh strawberry shortcake on fresh biscuits with fresh cream butter topped with lots of whipped cream made from ultra heavy (fresh) cream.
3, 4, and 5. If you were the host of a t.v. talk show, what three people would you like to interview on your first show, and what would you ask them.
3. the late pianist Glenn Gould; I'd ask about how he developed his idiosyncratic musical and personal styles; I'd tell him at first I adored his first recording of the Goldberg Variations, but then only could listen to his 1982 version.

4. I gotta include an artist-designer—make it Paul Rand! I'd tell him how much I admired the clean economy of his work and ask what (if any) other style phases he cycled through. Note how his name is rand, the beginning of our keyword random.

5. a leopard from the South African savannah... I'd ask her or him how it feels to be feline and free.

4 comments:

  1. Love that you included a non-human interview! And yes, I would love to hear you pick Glenn Gould's brain. You seem to be in the process of healing; I'm very glad. Meeting you online has been a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely play. I love the Goldberg Variations and Glenn Gould.

    Love the beautiful animal as your guest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my moment of blessing was yesterday, after a truly horrible job interview that just me feel hopeless and despondant i was bouyied and supported by my mom and my network of friends who would not let me stay in such a dark mental place - having family and friends like that is a huge blessing.

    the phrase when i was a child always invokes memories of my family in west virginia, where i spent one month out of every summer, i remember the lighting bugs, the warm rains, the berries fresh from the vines in the woods behind my great aunt's house, the smell of clean air and the feel of grass under my bare feet.

    3,4 & 5 are tough. Who would i want to interview, well for purely selfish reasons, I would interview Ewan Mcgregor, it wouldn't be an interview as much as it would be just me staring at him. I wish ray bradbury were still alive because i would love to interview him because he is truly my favorite author and his stories invoke such a fantastical whimsy with his words, even in his darker stories. I would interview Nick Vujicic, whose story moved me to tears when i saw him on a talk show. Here is true inspiration, born without arms or legs, he is a motivational speaker and his determination, sense of humor and perseverance is an inspiration to anybody.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strawberry shortcake and real whip cream...sign me up!!!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!