Monday, February 29, 2016

February 2016: Around the City

February 2016 Hibiscus

Time for Emily P Freeman's What We Learned in... again; here's my February 2016 edition that's closer to what I did than it is to what I learned.

grand park LA grand park LA grand park LA
Grand Park in downtown Los Angeles on a sunny winter Thursday


St James in the City
St James in the City
St James in the City
St James in the City
St James in the City
Second Sunday Evensong on Lent 1 at Saint James In The City (On Wilshire). Continuing to reconcile with, maybe become more open to and excited about spending time on the Canterbury Trail.


Hollywood transit
North Hollywood subway station. My arrangement features Morris Fuller Benton's organic, retro, art deco Hobo typeface that like the subway tile's a type of blast from the past.


Porsche in the dealership window along Santa Monica Blvd lent 2 brunch table
Sunday, Lent 2: Porsche car dealership, Persian food on the post-liturgy brunch table.


sleep stamp 2015
I'm still doing my best to be more responsive to nature, especially in the amount of sleep I get. Need sleep? I'd rather not, but often I do.

from Carl Sandburg's Honey and Salt:
"and the forgetfulness of our own sleep
is strange and beautiful by itself
and sometimes in its shifting shapes
the world is a cradle dedicated to sleep
and what would you rather have than sleep?"

Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Logo
29% off on leap day
29% off on leap day

Afternoon visit to CB&TL after 12 noon on Monday 29 February for a 29% discount on a large Hazelnut Ice Blended® with whole milk and topped with whipped cream, while I made reasonable inroads into my latest review book from Amazon Vine. The CB&TL Leap Day discount's effective from noon through closing at all locations.

emily p freeman Feb 2016 button

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!