Friday, March 09, 2012

women's retreat 5

revkjarla hosts today's women's retreat Friday 5 and tells us why:
This Friday-Saturday is our annual Women's Retreat at my church. It's one of my favorite 24 hours of the year, because we enjoy each other, we laugh, we cry, we support each other...and all of that good stuff! So, since I am in the WR mode, let's talk about women in your life!
1. For a woman author I love to read, why not Renita Weems?

2. Miriam is one of many women from the bible I'd like to hang with for a while.

3. For going to lunch with a woman from history I'll invite Katie Luther; she can provide a few pints of home brew.

4. Dinner with a living famous or infamous woman? Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel.

5. As revjkarla realizes, I already am SuperWoman, but I'd be happy to claim three more special powers of bilocution, understanding what's unspoken, and healing everyone's shattered pasts.

4 comments:

  1. oh i like that understanding what's unspoken! well done superwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices...especially healing the hurts of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on healing! I'd briefly thought of Amanda Merkl, too. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent play. I think Angela Merkel would be so interesting...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!