Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday of Bright Week

white flowers on fence

Reflecting Chaos

Since Lent began, I've been blogging more about myself than I have in several years: Tuesdays of Lent 1, Lent 2, Lent 3, Lent 4 and 5... it's now Bright Week, the week following Easter Sunday. Does that require different focus? Has anything replaced the chaos and disorder of the desert?

Practicing Resurrection? Maybe!

telling the story buttonHave I previously mentioned I'd assumed I'd "always be doing" and continued preparing to do so many things? There's little point in listing them here, but it still could do my heart good, rather than once again affirming and celebrating all the gains I've made. Those achievements include this basically non-reader who started a theology blog a dozen years ago, and became an amazon vine reviewer! True that my reviews are not exclusively books, but I've written some thoughtful, incisive, blogs and book reviews, including a few reviews some people haven't liked (I suspect those folks are biblical literalists, since what's not to like about my insights and observations?) Although I'm still not writing as well as I did back in the day, my theology is better-examined, and reflects my experiences more thoroughly. Of course digging back into the Beethoven Piano Sonata Cycle paid off, along with my decision to freelance as a designer once again.

In Acts 8:9-24 we read about the sin of simony—buying and selling church offices, trying to purchase ministry opps, but I'm not quite convinced that's what I'd be doing: if I could, I'd pay $100,000 or up to $500,000 to attend the ELCA Youth Gathering in Detroit. Detroit is my dream ministry destination ... context, but Detroit may be only a fantasy, since I'm going to be participating in the future I'd been preparing for, that on some level I doubted ever would dawn. Hopefully Future City (soon to be called "Current City") will work in a similar way to what I imagine about Detroit. More on this topic soon; thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!