Friday, September 20, 2024

Five Minute Friday :: Matter

heart tree
Five Minute Friday :: Matter Linkup

Matter has substance. Matter is of concern and import. Matter has weight and density. Matter has influence. Any physical matter, any relational matter, any matter of any kind has heart. Matter comprises Creation

The heart of the matter is an interdependent creation.

Heart of the matter is keeping covenant together. Meeting the demands of the commands; grace and forgiveness when we don't.

Forgiveness is the heart of the matter. The heart of the matter is forgiveness.


• Written by Don Henley, J.D. Souther, and Mike Campbell, "The Heart of the Matter" was a major Don Henley hit.
I got the call today, I didn't wanna hear
But I knew that it would come

I'm learning to live without you now
But I miss you sometimes
The more I know, the less I understand
All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again
I've been tryin' to get down to the heart of the matter
But my will gets weak
And my thoughts seem to scatter
But I think it's about forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, even if you don't love me anymore

These times are so uncertain
There's a yearning undefined
People filled with rage
We all need a little tenderness
How can love survive in such a graceless age
The trust and self-assurance that lead to happiness
They're the very things we kill, I guess

And my friends seem to scatter
But I think it's about forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, even if you don't love me anymore

I've been tryin' to get down to the heart of the matter
Because the flesh will get weak
And the ashes will scatter
So I'm thinkin' about forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, even if you don't love me anymore

The heart of the matter is keeping covenant together. Meeting the demands of the commands; grace and forgiveness when we don't.

Forgiveness is the heart of the matter. The heart of the matter is forgiveness. The heart of the gospel is forgiveness.

# # #

• Stained Glass heart is from the extraordinary windows that face the street at the now disbanded First Church, Glendale, California. Judicatory offices are in the building, and they use the downstairs space for worship.

• Heart cutouts are from students at the (now relocated) day school that was on the same campus.
heart stained glass window first church glendale california
paper heart cutouts
five minute friday matter
five minute friday icon logo button

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!