Friday, September 06, 2024

Season of Creation 2 :: Humanity

seasonof creation 2 humanity
Season of Creation 2 :: Humanity

You have made them
a little lower than God
and crowned humanity
with glory and honour.
Psalm 8:5

Intro

For about a decade I designed for the liturgical Season of Creation emphasis every year. Between "life stuff" and a general move away from the three year series related to the Revised Common Lectionary, I didn't design anything new for the past couple of years. However, many pastors and churches still prefer the year A – Spirit; Year B – Word; Year C – Wisdom series. They make much more creative and interpretive sense than trying to dig out connections from the appointed RCL readings.

Not only due to Covid that exacerbated everything that wasn't going well for everyone, my days have been too unsettled for reasonably good overall health, yet I still was smart enough to remember no one does anything truly original because everything is inspired and derivative. Over the decades I've recycled, reworked, re-appropriated, and redone a lot of my own art and writing. Besides, given that some of my Season of Creation designs have been some of my forty or fifty favorites, why not do another Act II? I've based this year's banners on Year B from 2018.

Fonts used:

• Big Truck – Sunday name
• Betsystype – scripture verse
• Keener – season of creation calendar year
• Chelsea Studio – series name

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!