Friday, June 28, 2013

take 5 friday 5

take 5 friday 5, hosted by deb

1. 5 flowers I'd like in a bouquet or garden:

sunflower on porch with other flowers1. zinnias
2. sunflowers
3. pansies
4. gardenia
5. honeysuckle

2. 5 books I want to read (or re-read):

1. Saul Alinsky, Rules for Radicals
2. William Stringfellow, An Ethic for Christians and Other Aliens
3. Henry Beston, The Outermost House
4. William Faulkner, Almost Anything by
5. Walter Brueggemann, a couple books in my collection I haven't yet read

3. 5 places I want to visit:

1. Morocco
2. Singapore
3. Hong Kong
4. India
5. Greece

4. 5 people I'd invite for tea/coffee/beer lunch/ pizza, name your own preference:

1. Joanne McGonagle of The Tiniest Tiger ... I'd love to go to her house to meet her new kittehs, or invite her to my house to meet my kittehs.
2. It would be fun to chill with some people I know only from facebook; though I have already met several in real life. Truly fun!
3. Can't think right now.
4. Fill in this blank later.
5. Someone I've yet even to hear about.

5. 5 chores or tasks I'd gladly give to someone else:

1. vacuuming. ugh.
2. washing windows
3. anything that involves going higher than first rung of a ladder
4. scaling and gutting fish
5. cleaning kitteh litter box (although I do it all the time)

bonus: A 5 ingredient recipe!

tabbouleh salad

Tabbouleh
Ingredients
  1. cucumber, diced
  2. several roma or your choice of tomatoes, diced (remove seeds if you’re not lazy)
  3. 1/2 cup bulghur wheat
  4. 1 or 2 green onion(s), thinly sliced
  5. Olive oil
  6. Lemon juice
Pour hot water over the bulghur and let soak until it is soft has absorbed most of the water. Mix diced veggies by hand then add the bulghur and mix some more; add lemon juice and olive oil to get the right flavor and consistency. Refrigerate, eat and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. let's see, flowers in a bouquet. Shoot, I'm so bad at knowing flower names...I love brightly colored flowers so sunflowers and then a mixture of others...I don't know them by name, only by sight.

    books to read or re-read - oh gosh. I have a giant list of books to read plus favorites that i have on my shelf. I will never tire of Ray Bradbury, Mark Twain, Edgar Allan Poe, or Charles Dickens.

    To visit: Italy, Ireland, Alaska ( I want to see Denali), Greece, and back to England.

    People I would like to invite to tea...I would love to meet Anne Rice, Stephan King, Clive Barker, Stan Lee, and tim curry. i think meeting tim curry would be epic!

    chores i hate: laundry, gardening( i hate bugs), cleaning the bathrooms, window cleaning, scrubbing floors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... yes. The litter box. Also in my domain, though when the college contingent is home... they "get to" help. LOL. I loved your book list because the first 3 are ones I have not read. I am afraid my wishlist on Amazon is officially ridiculous.

    Thanks for playing and sorry for the delay in coming to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!