Friday, February 06, 2015

birthday 5

they say it's your (my?) birthday 5 on RGBP central

january 2015 moon phases0) This year the moon was dark for my birthday, so resurrection's on the way.


1) Are you a cake or pie person? What type do you savor on your big day?


I love both cakes and pie when either is done well, although cake with ice cream is my preferred birthday dessert, but preferably not one of those church patio/fellowship hall standard Costco cakes. However, to make and buy a comparable size cake of high quality ingredients would take lots of skill and a lot of $$$, and very few even would care.

2) Growing up, did you have a favorite “birthday meal?” How about now?

Never had a fave birthday meal, but I still deliciously recall my 16th birthday dinner. HS best friend Sheila's Mom made the most amazing mac 'n' cheese, so that's what I requested for my milestone birthday. What, no steak? No fancy dinner out? No, it had to be her mac 'n' cheese. For birthday dessert that year I had an scrumptious cake from a Jewish delicatessen-restaurant-bakery they knew I also liked a lot.

3) What birthday traditions or rituals from younger days have followed you into adulthood?

My main thing is still being delighted if someone or some ones remember my birthday, not disappointed if they don't. The first few years I was on Facebook I loved my Facebook birthday, but since I've pretty much quit doing profile in favor of keeping my design page alive, I hid my birth date for 2015. I also enjoyed going down the list and thanking everyone, but my total energy's scarce, sparse and needed for survival and channeling dreams.

4) What’s the most memorable gift or celebration you ever received for your birthday?

2013 birthday flowers Most memorable? I really enjoyed ice cream sundae and serenade with the Monday evening bible study peeps that met at my house every week at one of the now defunct Farrell's Ice Cream emporiums quite a while ago. The guys' group that met somewhere else joined us, too! I also loved a couple years ago when pastor's family of Church On The Hill donated chancel flowers in honor of my birthday.

5) How do you like to celebrate others on their day?

Whatsoever celebration(s) they desire! I'll join them for dinner, for cake, I'll write on their wall and wish them a happy day and a wonderful year.

20 January 2015 moon

6) This year the moon was dark for my birthday, so resurrection's on its way. yes. it. is.

1 comment:

  1. 1) Are you a cake or pie person? What type do you savor on your big day?

    Generally, I like cake! Chocolate is my all-time favorite. Haven't had a birthday cake in years, though.

    2) Growing up, did you have a favorite “birthday meal?” How about now?

    I don't remember anything specific growing up, but we'd often go to a restaurant as a treat. Red Lobster was always a favorite as an adult, but can't really afford that nowadays!

    3) What birthday traditions or rituals from younger days have followed you into adulthood?

    It's a little sad to realize this, but I don't think any have. :(

    4) What’s the most memorable gift or celebration you ever received for your birthday?

    One of my more memorable birthdays was my 20th, spent at Six Flags Over Georgia! That was a pretty fun day. Even got a cute personalized keychain from my sister that day.

    5) How do you like to celebrate others on their day?

    I like to do something with them that they really enjoy! I want the birthday person's day to be really special.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!