Friday, September 18, 2015

1st things 5

On RevGalBlogPals Julie hosts Friday 5 for the first time today with a First Things Edition. Earlier today I played Five Minute Friday, and I want Julie to get a good turnout, so here's my Friday Five.
Detroit metro airport

photo of Detroit Metro Airport with legal reuse rights from Wikimedia Commons

1. Can you remember the first time you travelled a long way to meet someone special?

My clearest related memory is flying solo as a passenger to DTW (Detroit Metro) to visit my aunt, uncle, and cousins. I was 12 or 13 years old, and I've even talked about it a few times in a few blog posts.

2. Share a memory of a first visit to a new country, state or place that was unexpected or unusual.

The change of pace and general milieu as soon as I cross the international border from southern California into northern Mexico always thrills me. It's slightly less marked between Arizona and Mexico, but still fun, exciting, and adventuresome. I'll also mention that despite life in USA and Canada generally having a sense of sameness, each state and province still has its own distinct and distinctive feel and way of being who they are and how they are.

3. What is the first thing you do on waking each day? Is it always the same?

Still the same! Quickly recollecting what client design I need to do that day, checking emails and orders online, anticipating breakfast and doing breakfast! Yay!

4. Have you met up with other RevGals? Maybe at an event?

No, not yet, but I've talked on the phone with one ring member a few times, and private emailed a couple of others. Closely related, I've met in real life several friends I first got to know online.

5. Is this your first Friday Five? If not, can you remember the first time you played?

Yes, I clearly recall my very first ever Friday 5, very long ago and soon after I joined up with the RGBP blog ring. It even still resides on my blog: Christmas Music.

Thanks, Julie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!