Saturday, June 03, 2023

Five Minute Friday :: Quick

follow your heart there is a place in the quick of existence
Five Minute Friday :: Quick Linkup

Header Phrases

• Follow your heart
• There is a place
• In the quick of existence
• Where the mind sees more than the eye
• Peace
• Friends
• 3
• Go Slo
• We, according to his promise,
Look for new heavens and a new earth
[where righteousness dwells]. 2 Peter 3:13


Quick

And behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to give to every one according to his work. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last. He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly." Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! Revelation 22:12, 13, 20

"Quick" in this passage from Revelation sometimes gets translated soon; the Greek supports both. My most frequent connotation of quick is without much delay. Though not necessarily the yesterday we often wish for, quick isn't lightning fast, definitely not at the speed of light.

Quick bread comes to mind. You need to get the recipe and the ingredients. Recipe may already be in your file box or folder, or you may need to search online for one with the best pictures so you can know what'll come out of your oven. Do you have ingredients in pantry and fridge or do they mean a trip to the store? This won't be slow bread, but it's not done yet because you need to mix them up.

Put it all in the oven and wait a short eternity for your so far fairly quick bread to bake. You probably need to let it cool some before enjoying a slice or two with butter or cream cheese and a friendly companion. Yet that procedure is short and quick compared to yeast bread that needs to rise a while, sometimes a very long while; it approaches instantaneous compared to acquiring sourdough starter.

I like the percussive sounds of Jesus promising a quick arrival in contrast to meeting him "soon." We still need to wait longer than our heart's yearning, yet when we seek Jesus he'll be in our midst, fulfilling his coveted promise of new heavens, a new earth. Amen? Amen!

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen! Revelation 22:21

Zucchini basil quick bread by Tiny Banquet Committee on Flickr

# # #
zucchini basil quick bread
five minute friday quick
five minute friday icon

3 comments:

  1. amen! come soon Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisy www.daisyfdronen.com from five minute Friday link up!

      Delete
  2. 'Come on, slow down and take your time,
    you know you're really, really sick!'
    So many times I've heard this line,
    but it's now I must be quick,
    for the sands are running fast
    through life's deadly hourglass,
    and though I am not made to last,
    there's much to do before I pass.
    Right now I have to catch my breath,
    but in a moment I shall rise
    to resume my race 'gainst death,
    and will firmly keep my eyes
    upon the vital goals I've set
    in hope that I might reach them yet.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!