Friday, January 18, 2013

smile!!! friday 5

Jan hosts today's perfectly timed (it's still winter in the northern hemisphere, even though days are getting longer) what makes you smile? Friday 5, "Remembering that Meister Eckhart said that if you pray 'thank you' that that is enough of a prayer, share with us five things, memories, or activities that bring you smiles and gratitude.

I have an image for almost every one of these, but I'm not taking time to include them right now... maybe later today.

life stuff button1. sun and sky
Subtly hued sunrise skies; when stars come out in the late afternoon.

2. earth and ocean
Sand under my feet; surf splashing on my face!

3. silence and sound
A still desert night under a sky blanket of stars; this new Katie Armiger CD, Fall Into Me

3. savory and succulent
Multi-layer burritos; ripe summer tomatoes.

4. bright and comfortable
Splashy patterned shirts and skirts; patchwork quilts.

6 comments:

  1. You are so right about those still desert nights. Kind of glad you forced me to imagine such a night. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about those still desert nights. Kind of glad you forced me to imagine such a night. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely word images, especially the stars coming out in the late afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patchwork quilts make me smile, as you know from my Facebook page :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! They're all such cheery, warm images. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sky is a never ending show. Seeing the ocean would be like seeing an old friend.... It has been quite a while. I really long to get to Oregon again.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!