Friday, July 15, 2016

Five Minute Friday: Create

Five Minute Friday at Kate Motaung's prompts us to consider create.

dsf five minute friday create

On several sites I confidently announce,"I'm an all-around creative excited to help design your next project." Create (creative, creator, creativity, creation) is a fabulous concept to consider and imagine. Only God creates ex nihilo – out of nothing – but passion, ability, and tendencies toward creation, creativity, and re-creation form a major part of God's creating humanity (that's us!) in a multi-faceted imago dei. I'm a working graphic artist-designer who sometimes cautions students and clients there's probably nothing or not much of anything that's truly original, but many times we can re-assemble existing elements or concepts to create or invent something never before seen. I enjoy picking up a color combination from over here, a drawing style from back there, a graphic imagining I noticed on that billboard they just put up on the corner.

With a hint of semi-creative originality, I did a google image search for the name of this blog – "desert spirit's fire" – and made a couple of screen captures of some of the results. I used the horizontal one to create my header banner for this FMF post.

five minute friday create five minute friday button

3 comments:

  1. I don't consider myself a creative person at all, and would never have thought to put together something like that! Love it!

    I love that anything valuable we do is just a manipulation of the beauty God has bestowed upon this earth. Thanks for pointing that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- I'm behind you on the linkup! Happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are indeed creative. Love seeing your different designs. I'm over in the 51 spot this week.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!