Thursday, January 05, 2017

Five Minute Friday: Connect

At her welcoming place in cyberspace, Kate gives us connect for our first Five Minute Friday prompt of 2017.

five minute friday desert spirit's fire connect

Design and theology are two major ways I connect with people in real life and online in my virtual world. As reluctant as I am ever to talk much about myself, my history, aspirations, disappointments, dreams for the future, when it comes to theology or design I can be a little hard to shut up, sometimes very difficult to slow down when my excitement about the subject drives me into a literal flight of ideas. I've never consciously followed *many* trends, nor have I been a trendsetter myself—maybe except at Haarlem, when I decided to braid my hair and over the next few days several of my female classmates braided theirs. However, please note my very recently designed header banner features the font Bombshell Pro, and that's one I paid real $ for. Hand-drawn brush scripts are majorly trending, and I've gotten some beautiful ones, noticed others I might spring for, but how many does a designer need?

So why would I use Bombshell Pro right here and now? To connect in solidarity with my blogging pal and FMF host Kate. Similar to when you walk out onto the city streets and notice someone wearing close to the exact same outfit you assembled mostly from random pieces you found at random places, it forms an invisible kinship that Kate or anyone else might or might not noticed (or appreciate), and helps me realize I'm not quite that weird and non-mainstream, after all.

five minute friday buttonfive minute friday crave

6 comments:

  1. I love your graphics, they are beautiful, and that certainly is important.
    It's important to be able to connect with people in a way that excites, motivates and inspires.

    Keep up the great work!

    ~Anna

    (FMF)
    http://annaspen.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the many different ways that we can connect with others. My daughter and I love when we accidentally dress alike. It happens every once in a while, and brings a smile to our faces. I hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first rule in connexion is making a good first impression, and your site does that. It's neat and professional, and supports your high-quality writing.

    #2 at FM Fthis week.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2017/01/your-dying-spouse-255-why-not-give-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting, for the lovely comments, for helping everyone connect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like design and theology, too! I don't have any training in design, I'm just interested. Love your thoughts on connection and how we're not really alone in our ways of thinking. Blessings to you, and thanks for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!