Friday, July 14, 2017

Five Minute Friday: Comfort

Five Minute Friday host Kate Motaung wonders where we find comfort. My default but more formal answers would include kittehs, music of many varieties and genres, snuggly quilts (and comforters), savory salads, homemade peach cobblers topped with ice cream or dairy cream, Jesus, of course—the first question in the Heidelberg Catechism asks, "What is your only comfort in life and death?" and provides the answer: "That I am not my own, but belong with body and soul, both in life and in death, to my faithful Savior Jesus Christ..."

desert spirit's fire Pinterest boards

Writing for five

Colors, patterns, good design of every kind – a well-arranged room, clean office space, uncluttered architecture, print collateral, liturgical and other scripture-related art – easily and instantly makes my heart sing, improves my mood and gives me perspective in close to the same way as a yummy meal with friends does. I've heard observations and even complaints that Pinterest is too consumer-oriented, too materialistic. I've heard cautions that pinning a photo may be a copyright violation. As a graphic-artist designer and as a blogger, I closely guard my intellectual property and have been known to do reverse image searches for some of my most popular art and informed anyone who's posted it without attribution on their Facebook or site (for example) to take it down immediately. Or. Else. But getting reposts of Pinterest pins, even those that are my own artistic creation, makes me happy and assures me my creativity is one of my contributions to the joy and the comfort of others. Just as a did a screen capture from my desert spirit's fire google image search a few months ago, here are excerpts from a few of my Pinterest boards. Let's Pinterest follow each other!

# # #

five minute friday comfort five minute friday new button

2 comments:

  1. Hi, desert spirit's fire! I'm behind you at the www.fiveminutefriday.com link up. Thank you for sharing all those beautiful ideas for what gives you comfort. =)
    I bless you with a feast of JOY on your journey with Jesus!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote about quilts this week! :) I'm in the 54 spot this week.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!