Friday, July 28, 2017

Five Minute Friday: Inspire

As a lifelong {and counting forward} creative, I had to play today's Inspire Five Minute Friday. Kate Motaung still hosts; we're *even* still on the new standalone FMF site.

five minute friday inspire

"Inspired"? Spirit-breathed! A google image search for the name of this blog supplied my header banner; as you can see, textures, colors, shapes, patterns, and surprises in God's natural creation provide a lot of my inspiration. Passages of scripture are closely yoked with deserts, oceans, flowers, fauna, skies, and prairies when I need inspiration. I first aspired to a career as an artist as a pre-schooler—or maybe that was in kindergarten. Later on it had to include liturgical art, meaning scripture-based or otherwise designed mostly for the church, though always in a style almost anyone could appreciate and sometimes love! I take lots and lots of photographs, but whenever possible I avoid taking pictures of people. Ever heard of anyone else who's happy to know enough Photoshop to be able discretely to delete people out of the pic?

# # #

This is exceptionally short for 5 minutes on a subject I know a whole lot about and couldn't wait to write about. Definitely not one of my most creative, felicitous, or inspired blog posts. Sometimes that happens.

five minute friday inspire five minute friday new button

3 comments:

  1. I always learn something about you from these posts. I'm over in the 7 spot this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you were so brief (I struggle each week to not "cheat" too much with going over the five-minute mark), yet included so much in your words and pictures. "Spirit-breathed" seems to match the true meaning of the word from my research. Thanks for inspiring us with your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this post and learning a little more about how you create art. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!