Monday, March 22, 2021

World Water Day 2021

World Water Day 2021
One month before Earth Day, United Nations World Water Day particularly emphasizes sustainable management of freshwater resources, according to one description. Since 2012 I've blogged for WWD; recently I've created graphics and helped plan what has become the church judicatory's annual celebration. Although I quit the committee, I was excited they asked me to design a flyer. With the happening predictably zoomed, though my phone is fine with zoom, the vintage 2010 iMac isn't, so I didn't attend this year.

The WWD website always has exceptional shareable graphics I've frequently used on this blogspot. They provided a bunch for this year's #ValuingWater and #Water2me themes and invited people to address questions they offered. There's nothing like combining everything into a single illustration or one blog post, right? Recycling the event flyer into a collage, I've kept our Water is Life – Blessing Our Watersheds and retained the Choose life, so that you and your descendants may live quote from Deuteronomy 30:9. I've incorporated a WWD painting that didn't have overlaid text and added the #Water2me hashtag.

Are you celebrating and blessing your watersheds year round? What other ways are you caring for fresh water in your vicinity? On Tuesday, June 8th, World Oceans Day festivities will center around Innovation for a Sustainable Ocean. Why not check into your local offerings or join the worldwide virtual one?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!