Monday, April 04, 2011

sprout day 4: brussels

brussels sproutsPeople seem to feel very strongly about cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli and other cruciferous veggies; I love them all! Continuing with daily sprout blogging, here's a typical recipe:
  • steam or microwave sprouts but be sure not to overdo it so they fall apart (unless that's your goal;
    top with
  • fresh creamery butter for a touch of the Land of Milk and Honey;
  • grated or super-thin slices of Swiss, Monterey Jack or Münster Cheese for another hint of healthy, productive dairy;
  • freshly squeezed lemon juice because citrus is a specialty of Mediterranean climates like Jerusalem and San Diego.


I'm gonna sit at the welcome table
I'm gonna sit at the welcome table, one of these days
I'm gonna eat at the welcome table, one of these days!
I'm gonna eat at the welcome table,
I'm gonna feast on milk and honey,
I'm gonna feast on milk and honey, one of these days!

I'm going to eat at the welcome table
Oh, yes, we did! And we will again!
april blogging sprout

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!