Friday, December 04, 2015

Five Minute Friday: Season

season landslide seasons

Friday 04 December: Season at Kate Motaung's place. As always, FMF is an unedited free write. As usual, I check to be sure auto-correct read my mind accurately.

Intro: "Season" is another prompt I could use for a very long post, or a series of long ones.


People have seasons in similar ways to nature's. Have you noticed how often the changes, growth, movements, surprises of creation form models for almost identical happenings in humans? Humans, who, of course as part of creation are Human Creatures. After traveling through so many cycles of 3-month long meteorological / astronomical seasons, I'm finally beginning to appreciate and to love the physical and emotional and psychological effects of nature's differences in my own life. It used to be that I couldn't wait for late spring and the fullness of summer; only through mid-October was the natural world outside enjoyable, or even worth enjoying. I never wanted summer to end. Why wouldn't anyone long for a life that's endless summer, and all that entails in terms the fullness and maturity of our own creativity, productivity, and ability to contribute to the world surrounding us? Summer 2003 was the very first summer ever I wanted to be over as soon as possible. And then the next year's summer, and finally more than another decade of this next season hasn't born the type of fruit I imagined any more than the past one did...

Landslide

I took my love and I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
Till the landslide brought me down
Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
And can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
Oh oh I don't know, oh I don't know

Fleetwood Mac, "Landslide," by Stevie Nicks

5 minute friday icon

5 comments:

  1. Great song choice lyrics for this prompt. I couldn't think of any season songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some weeks a song comes to us instantly, or we suddenly think of one after posting. The font I used for Landslide and Fleetwood Mac is "Fleetwood!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of a song that goes along with Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. Surprisingly it was done by a 1960's rock band called The Byrds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ga_M5Zdn4
    I appreciate your thoughts how the seasons do affect us, and how sometimes things are just not like we thought they would be. May God bless you! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I've heard of Fleetwood Mac and likely have heard many songs, I don't know if I know the one you listed. Thanks for commenting on my post#55! Happy holidays and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much for visiting! Gayl, that classic song instantly came to mind, along with Daniel Pinkham's setting for vocal solo of the Ecclesiastes text (I couldn't find it on YT, though many vids of his Christmas Cantata). However, I read that as the exact opposite of the direction I took in my 5 minutes. As always with any word or image prompt, there are lots of possibilities. Happy Holidays and abundant blessings to everyone!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!