Wednesday, May 31, 2017

May 2017: Around the County

may 2017 around the county

• I got the May header background image from Pixels & Design's Mint & Gold Styled Stock Collection on Creative Market. Check out their weekly design asset freebies!

desert spirit's fire porch stories button

• Meteorological spring ends today; time for a spring summary! As usual, rather than detailing what I may have learned along the way, I'm presenting an activities chronology and linking to Emily P. Freeman and to Kristin Hill Taylor's Wednesday-anchored Porch Stories.

Hollywood Bowl 2017 banner

• "Where Summer Plays" Hollywood Bowl banners are out—summer soon will be coming on strong!

Los Angeles Metro Spring Conference gathering

• Thursday 04 May – LA Metro Spring Conference gathering – "May The Fourth Be With You!"

Glendale, Green Team, Artos Restaurant

• Friday 05 May – here's one of the newly decorated utility boxes in Glendale

• Our judicatory Green Faith Team met in the Conference Room this time; here are some of the displays. BTW, the school still had their art from Vincent's birthday on display, so nothing new from them, but I captured a butterfly I managed to previously miss.

• Thanks to JA for a tangy, savory Middle Eastern Armenian Lunch at Artos, a new restaurant a few doors away from judicatory offices.

Noah's Flood at the Cathedral

Noah's Ark

• A packed crowd for Benjamin Britten's Noah's Flood at the cathedral on Saturday May 6th; no surprise they didn't allow photography, so I've included another Noah's Ark illustration.

Rodeo Drive

Rodeo Drive

• After almost two years in town, I had to create my own Rodeo Drive photoshoot.

Reformation Roadtrip 5

Reformation Roadtrip 5

• Reformation Road Trip 5 happened at Ascension ELCA in Thousand Oaks. So excited they asked for a pianist to accompany the hymn singing, so of course I offered. Because I was at the piano I didn't get good enough pictures of Martin Luther, a.k.a. Pastor Steve Herder in Geneva Gown and academic tam.

Magnus Nilsson's Nordic

• A few captures from Magnus Nilsson's Nordic: A Photographic Essay of Landscapes, Food and People exhibit at Union Station

Union Station LA train tracks

• I hope generations coming up will experience the yearning and longing railroad tracks and train travel bring.

downtown Los Angeles May 2017

downtown Los Angeles MAy 2017

• DTLA Street Scenes and Central Library during May

porch stories button

Emily Freeman Spring 2017 summary button

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your faithfulness in joining my #PorchStories. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with all the images!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!