Friday, July 08, 2022

Five Minute Friday :: Twenty

tomatoes twenty
Twenty :: Linkup

We humans have a habit of marking time, counting years. In some ways linear time is a gift of God's condescension to human needs, yet it's absolutely necessary for getting through a day, any day. A calendar year? A decade, a lifetime? Yes! to all of those.

We enjoy marking particular lengths of time, often making them a reason to celebrate (weddings, workplace longevity) or grieve (911, a loved one's death). Five, ten, twenty, fifty, two hundred, one thousand are some of the big ones.

By now everyone knows a blog is a web log or online journal that can go in almost any direction; those of us who blog sometimes celebrate an annual blogoversary. I've been a bit careless about mine, specially noting it some years, letting it slide into oblivion others. However, since I've been extremely aware this blog's two decade, twenty year anniversary was on the way, I've planned a celebration for that Saturday 16 July twenty-year blogoversary.

Kate's prompt this week has inspired me to design a button icon I can use for at least some of my posts during the upcoming year, probably – or possibly "maybe" – based on today's summer tomato header. So yay, me! Thanks for visiting today and all the other days!

# # #
Five Minute Friday Twenty
Five Minute Friday icon

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What an accomplishment! Here’s to the next 20. Your #fmf neighbor, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's an impressive blog milestone! I'm careless about my blogoversaries as well, but I'm sure it will be coming up on twenty soon.
    Visiting from FMF#22

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, happy 20 years blogoversary! Quite an accomplishment! Keep it up. fmf #19

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!