For a long time I designed every year for the Season of Creation. For a long time that liturgical emphasis paralleled the 3-year Revised Common Lectionary with scriptures related to the RCL's featured evangelist: Matthew (Spirit series), Mark (Word series), or Luke (Wisdom series). After a while the Season of Creation website formally moved away from the 3-year RCL-related Sundays, though many churches still observe them.
Season of Creation began in the Lutheran Church of Australia; the Uniting Church in Australia (affiliated with the World Communion of Reformed Churches and the World Methodist Council) has the Season of Creation dot com website; Roman Catholics maintain season of creation dot org. The World Council of Churches makes note of it every year, as do many other church bodies and traditions worldwide.
The Lutheran Church of Australia offers resources based on this year's Living Water theme. Blessing of the Animals
After four creation-focused September Sundays, churches and sometimes other organization often have a public Blessing of the Animals on the First Sunday in October, or close to the October 4th feast of St Francis of Assisi. This year the first Sunday is October 4th! Though I've included a critter blessing in several of my monthly rundowns, I haven't blogged my designs separately. I'm starting with the banner I designed for this year, 2026.

No comments:
Post a Comment
thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!