Thursday, October 01, 2026

Five Minute Friday :: Sight

wheat and hearts
• Five Minute Friday :: Sight Linkup

There's physical eyesight, there's insight, and there's a kind of vision beyond conventional ways of seeing. Regarding the eyes many of us thankfully have to see with, a few years ago during a spate of local temblors, southern California Earthquake Lady and composer Lucy Jones reminded everyone to keep your eyeglasses within easy reach beside your bed in case you needed to evacuate in the middle of the night. Because without vision you'll be lost.

Because without vision you'll be lost. The sight outside of everyday perception that lets us see beyond the mundane, that allows us to trust something better, bigger, more magical and kinder is possible. Vision that believes and acts upon the promise of scripture there's a new world coming. A world where wars have ended, everyone matters, and no one is hungry. Vision that claims us so we act upon God's call for justice and peace. Without that kind of vision the world is lost. Are you listening, are you seeing? Do you trust Isaiah's vision of swords into plowshares, spears into pruning hooks? Do you trust God's call and summons to you? Do you dream the vision will be fulfilled?

PS Regarding physical eyesight – with or without glasses or contacts – I really really enjoy taking pictures when I go places. (You can search this blog for my mostly photographic end of month rundowns.) However, with my hyperfocus on getting good shots I sometimes don't see the bigger picture. On that always there other hand, the intensity of my attempts to see often reveals details other people miss. And then when I look at the actual picture, I notice even more! How about you? What's your photographic vision? What's your vision for a redeemed world?

# # #

camera
Sylvia
FMF sight
FMF logo

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!