Thursday, July 29, 2010

lovin' the place you're in 5

kathrynzj hosts loving'the one you're with / lovin' the place you're in 5:

please name five things you like about where you are living now... and as your bonus - 1 thing you don't like.

1. year-round weather is great!!

2. 4 distinctly different climates within about a half-hour of each other: beach/ seacoast/ ocean; inland; desert; mountain...

sea bright new3. central business district, inner-city, working-class and affluent suburban within an easy concentric ring; small town and rural within about a 45-minute range; international border less than an hour away.

4. although my apartment complex weighs in on the side of Asian and Hispanic, there's also a fair African-American and Caucasian proportion, making for an excellently attractive ethnic and cultural mix.

5. lots of culinary and gastronomical diversity in locally owned, regional and national restaurants, fast-food, sit-down, high-end and "other" (whatever I mean by that).

bonus. during spring 2004 I observed, "I love being everywhere, feel everywhere is home for me, yet I always have a sense of longing not only for where I've just been but for every place I've ever lived. So I usually have a feeling of not belonging 'here' because of my intense longing for 'there!'"

6 comments:

  1. cultural diversity is such a plus. It's one thing missing from my waspy environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where you are sounds like where I'd love to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you do live in an awesome place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diversity is such a treasure. Where I live in SC you find it in pockets, but overall people tend to cling to others like them, which is too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We miss San Diego so much-what an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!