Monday, October 09, 2017

#Write31Days 09 • Plan

Nebraska Sun on Farm
"Nebraska Sun on Farm" • my interpretation of my grandparents' farm outside Lincoln

Although I've written about only seven places from my list of 43, for day 08 I'm taking an excursion and using a prompt from Five Minute Friday host Kate Motaung. Some people are using her prompts all month long for short free writes or for longer reflections; Kate also intended to offer an emergency option. In some ways I'm far from emergency mode with so many remaining topics, but as I admitted a couple days ago, I haven't been enjoying this challenge {even when I remind myself just write, don't worry about illustrations}. "You know I'm creative" (ha ha) and probably could write something reasonably meaningful about place from any prompt, but today's super auspicious word is plan.

What places do I plan to visit? Where would I maybe even plan to live?

Visit again:

• Detroit, Michigan and maybe relocate there. Detroit is becoming a model of urban revitalization and resurrection. I want to see it. I'd love to become part of it. Yes, I know, the weather.

• Washington, D.C. For classic patriotic reasons. Another day-long tourist trip around town would be fine.

• Mobile, Alabama, where I first saw the light of day. "Visit again" technically is true, but it's not as if I remember anything about being there the first time.

Experience for the first time:

• Nebraska. Where my late grandparents had a farm for a short while. It's one of the half-dozen states in the continental USA where I've never even changed planes.

• Hawai'i – is it Paradise or not?

• Alaska – the place of rugged independence where you still need to depend on everyone else. I'd ride boat or train up the coast, then fly back home.

write 31 days 2017 button

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting—peace and hope to all of us!